Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Your Cart   |   Sign In   |   Join AFS
AFS Review: Professional Opportunities

NPG Seeks Latino Curatorial Assistant

Friday, March 9, 2018   (0 Comments)
Posted by: Rosalind V. Rini Larson
Share |

The National Portrait Gallery (NPG), Smithsonian Institution (SI) seeks to fill the contracted role of Latino Curatorial Assistant. This position shall provide professional, technical, non-personal exhibition research and support services to the National Portrait Gallery for the Curator of Latino art and history. NPG invites quotes from qualified contractors for technical professional, non-personal services to provide exhibition research and support services and cataloging services.

The Assistant shall devote 75% of their time performing scholarly research and writing support functions in preparation for the exhibition 1898: The American Imperium, co-curated by Dr. Taína Caragol and Dr. Kate Clarke Lemay. The remaining 25% of time at work shall be devoted to cataloguing recent Latino art acquisitions. The Assistant will support the preparation of 1898: The American Imperium, by performing duties including but not limited to conducting library and archival research, corresponding with international archives and possible lenders to the show, locating possible loans, preparing the checklist, coordinating aspects of the catalogue with the curators and the museum’s editor, writing exhibition labels, and answering general public inquiries regarding the exhibition.

For more information, visit the AFS Career Center at:
http://www.afsnet.org/networking/apply_now.aspx?view=2&id=490826.


Career Center
| Open Forums
| Online Store
| Renew
| Member Search
| Donate
| FAQ


American Folklore SocietySister Society: SIEF
Classroom-Office Building, Indiana University, 800 East Third Street, Bloomington IN 47405 USA
812/856-2379; www.afsnet.org


Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal