Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Your Cart   |   Sign In   |   Join AFS
2019 AFS Annual Meeting in Baltimore, MD
Moderator(s): Alexandra Sanchez
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Looking for a female Room-mate 0 P. Jindal Hello, I will be attending the AFS Annual meeting to be held at Hyatt Regency Baltimore. I will be arriving on 16 October and Leaving on 18 October. I am looking for a female room-mate to share a room with me for two nights(16 and 17 October). If interested, kindly email me at Jindal.priyanka2009@gmail Thank you😊 Regards Priyanka Jindal
by P. Jindal
Saturday, August 24, 2019
Looking for a Roommate--AFS Conference 2019 Baltimore 0 J. Greenberg (Hochstat) Good morning, I am looking for a roommate for AFS 2019 in Baltimore, Maryland. I am arriving on Wednesday, October 16 and leaving on Saturday, October 19. If you are interested in sharing a room please contact me. Thank you very much. Janice Greenberg morjan1027@gmail.com
by J. Greenberg (Hochstat)
Saturday, August 10, 2019
Seeking Participants for AFS Pop-Up Exhibit on Storytelling 0 E. Mee Powerful Stories and Power in Storytelling: A Pop-Up Exhibit What makes a story impactful? How can storytelling be a transformational act or an act of rebellion? Who gets to tell their story and why? What are the power dynamics at play in the work of folklorists who collect and share stories? This pop-up exhibit invites participants to share excerpts from powerful stories collected through fieldwork. Stories can be exhibited through a variety of formats (text, audio, or video). The exhibit will explore why these stories are impactful, what they reveal about the storyteller and the interviewer, and our power as folklorists in deciding who gets to tell their story. Photographs, objects, and other materials are also welcome additions to the exhibit. If you’re interested in participating, please contact Vanessa Navarro Maza at vnavarro@historymiami.org. Please confirm your participation by July 1st.
by E. Mee
Monday, June 17, 2019

Career Center
| Open Forums
| Online Store
| Renew
| Member Search
| Donate
| FAQ

American Folklore SocietySister Society: SIEF
Classroom-Office Building, Indiana University, 800 East Third Street, Bloomington IN 47405 USA
812/856-2379; www.afsnet.org

Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal