Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Your Cart   |   Sign In   |   Join AFS
Jack Dappa Blues: Black Traditional Music
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

5/14/2019 at 2:37:05 PM GMT
Jack Dappa Blues: Black Traditional Music

By Lamont Jack Pearley ––

"Cameron Kimbrough is the next generation of North Mississippi Hill Country Blues. His unique style of Blues has strong traditional characteristics of rawness and simplicity peppered with flavors Rock, Neo-Soul and R&B. With his feet firmly planted in his Blues birthright, Blues music, for Cameron, 'the Blues is in everything, it surrounds us…and makes you appreciate other moments in life…it’s kind of like a filtration' that 'out the frustrations, and keeps it from being balled up…' When you ask the youngest Kimbrough Bluesman what he wants to give people through his music, he says. 'I want to give people a different understanding of hardships… There’s light at the end of the tunnel. I want to give them a vibe that will take them away from the moment of whatever they were thinking about or going through before they heard the music…I want to give you something you can feel off in the front of your toenails!'

..."

Cameron is one of three featured Black Traditional Music Practitioners in a series of recent blog posts by Lamont Jack Pearley. To continue reading about Cameron, visit the full article on the Jack Dappa Blues websiteYou can also check out posts about Joyce She'Wolf Jones and Yella P among many other emergent Black Traditional Music Practitioners.

Pearley, Lamont Jack. "Cam Kimbrough Generational Blues." Jack Dappa Blues Radio. (April 23, 2019). <https://jackdappabluesradio.tv/cam-kimbrough/>

Last edited Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Career Center
| Open Forums
| Online Store
| Renew
| Member Search
| Donate
| FAQ

American Folklore SocietySister Society: SIEF
Classroom-Office Building, Indiana University, 800 East Third Street, Bloomington IN 47405 USA
812/856-2379; www.afsnet.org

Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal