|2011 Annual Meeting: Online Proposal Instructions|
Thank you for your interest in participating in the American Folklore Society’s 2011 Annual Meeting in Bloomington, Indiana. You may submit a proposal for the meeting program anytime before the deadline of 11:59 PM, Eastern US Daylight Time, on March 31.
Submitting an online proposal for the annual meeting program involves two
steps that you will take in the same sitting, in this order:
1. You register for the meeting and pay your registration fee.
2. You submit your proposal online.The way you take these two steps depends upon what you are proposing to do at the meeting.
1. If you are proposing an organized session—and
must be the chair of the session to do so—you first need to get proposal
information (names, affiliations, email addresses, and presentation
titles and 100-word abstracts for each individual presentation) from all
the participants in
your session; you will also prepare both a 100-word and 500-word
abstract for the session as a whole, which will be pasted into the
online proposal form. At that point, you will register yourself and pay
fee, and then complete the online proposal form for the session and all
presentations. At the end of the form, you will be asked to attach two
Word .doc files containing 1) the short abstract for the
session as a whole, and 2) all those for the
individual presentations. Short abstracts should
be prepared using AFS style.
2. If you are proposing to participate in an organized
session, you need to give your chair your proposal information (name, contact
information, presentation title, short abstract) well before the deadline, since she will
have to submit that information as part of her organized session proposal. You also need to register and pay your
registration fee yourself by March 31. You will not submit any proposal information using the AFS website.
3. If you are proposing an individual presentation, you must register, pay your registration fee, and submit your proposal all in one sitting. You will be asked to attach your short abstract in a Word .doc, using AFS style.
The most critical things you need to know before beginning this process are:
2. This process requires that you have your title, abstracts (in Word .doc format), participant names and contact information, and credit card at hand when you begin the process. Please do not register until you have these materials ready.
Ready to begin? Then click here to start the registration/payment/proposal process.
1. AFS sections, university folklore programs, and other organizations that want to request a time and space for any of several kinds of special events (including professional development workshops, section business meetings, section-sponsored lectures, receptions, performances, jam sessions, and the like), can do so through a separate process that does not require registration or fee payment.
10/19/2016 » 10/22/2016
2016 AFS/ISFNR Joint Annual Meeting
10/20/2016 » 10/22/2016
TIMESCALES: A Conference of the Penn Program in Environmental Humanities
11/2/2016 » 11/5/2016
The 2016 Italian American Studies Association Conference