Registration Now Open for Wisconsin Teachers of Local Culture 2016 Here at Home Cultural Tour
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
Posted by: Shannon K. Larson
Wisconsin Teachers of Local Culture invites you to be a part of their 2016 Here at Home Cultural Tour on "Changing Landscapes, Changing Lives” to take place June 21-24, 2016 in north-central Wisconsin.
Be a part of this inspiring, informative, and immersive professional development event.
Why? Because you'll:
- Have fun.
- Gain a richer understanding of the diversity of Wisconsin lifeways.
- Learn ways to study local culture you can use with your students.
- Get practice using a free photo-mapping tool you can use with your students.
- Become part of the WTLC statewide network of locally-focused educators
- Optionally earn two graduate credits.
This four-day cultural tour will begin and end in Eau Claire, and explore cultural communities throughout north-central Wisconsin.
Just a few of the highlights are:
- tours of the Somali community's mosques in Barron
- an overnight in hand-built Finnish architecture lodges in Brantwood
- a visit with Lac Courte Oreilles educators and artists
- fun with the Czech community in Haugen
- experiencing an Amish-Mennonite produce auction in Withee
Cost to participants is only $200.
Registration deadline is May 5. Registration form is available here: http://csumc.wisc.edu/wtlc/sites/default/files/WTLC_application_2016_0.pdf
Full details about Changing Landscapes, Changing Lives are available here: http://csumc.wisc.edu/wtlc/?q=tours
Questions? Contact Liz Reuter at firstname.lastname@example.org