The 2016 Indiana University Summer Language Workshop Is Now Accepting Applications
Thursday, November 12, 2015
Posted by: Shannon K. Larson
The 2016 Indiana University Summer Language Workshop is accepting applications for intensive study of Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian (BCS), Chinese, Estonian, Hungarian, Kurdish, Latvian, Lithuanian, Mongolian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, and Ukrainian.
The program features 20 contact hours weekly; twice-weekly language tables; films; food tastings; student-run graduate research groups and other culturally rich extracurricular programming.
Priority application deadline: February 1, 2016.
- All students pay in-state tuition.
- Competitive funding available to qualified students:
- Project GO scholarships for undergraduate students in ROTC in Arabic, Chinese, Persian, Russian, or Turkish
- Title VIII fellowships for graduate students and area studies scholars in Azerbaijani, BCS, Estonian, Hungarian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Mongolian, Russian, or Ukrainian
- FLAS funding available for Arabic, Azerbaijani, BCS, Estonian, Hungarian, Kurdish, Latvian, Lithuanian, Mongolian, Persian, Russian, Turkish, and Ukrainian
- Classes held June 6 - July 29, 2016
- All levels of Arabic begin May 31, 2016
- 4-week option available for Russian (ending on July 1)
- Students earn 4-8 credits
See http://www.indiana.edu/~swseel for more information and to apply.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com or 812-855-2889.