2015 Folklore and Education Newsletter Now Available
Monday, May 18, 2015
Posted by: Lorraine Cashman
The 2015 AFS Folklore and Education Section Newsletter has been posted to About AFS/Sections/Folklore and Education Section.
This issue includes:
- News about the launch of Journal of Folklore and Education by Local Learning.
- New resources: the latest books, websites, and other resources in folklore and education.
- Smithsonian news: updates about resources, partnerships, and opportunities at the Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage.
- A review of the past year at Local Learning, including notes about summer training opportunities, Dress to Express Museum Modules, and presentations at national conferences.
- The 2014 Dorothy Howard prize winner, Nebraska Folklife Network.
- 2014 Folklore and Education Section meeting minutes.
The newsletter is edited by Rosemary Hathaway, West Virginia University, and Gregory Hansen, Arkansas State University.
To view or download the pdf, see http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.afsnet.org/resource/resmgr/Sections/FE-News2015.pdf