Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Your Cart   |   Sign In   |   Join AFS
Research
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
Ethnographic hypermedia material uploads???? 2 M. Hale Matthew,Those are beautiful guitars and they sound great. Thanks for providing the links. All the best in your research!Erik Aasland
by E. Aasland
Thursday, January 13, 2011
The Folklore of Folklorists 5 T. Blank I have folklore exam parodies from IU I can share with you.
by S. Bronner
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Folklore and the Ethnosurvey 1 D. Lattanzi Shutika Hi Debra,   I don't know how I missed your presentation at Nashville. I am very interested in combining ethnography and quantitative analysis. I am doing dissertation field research in Kazakhstan on proverbs. For the first phase of my research I carried out a survey to determine commonly known proverbs among first and second year students at Almaty Polytechnical University. I took the datat and compared median and mean, calculated the standard deviation, as well as determining the t-test value, in order to evaluate whether the surveyed group functioned as a speech community. With thequantitative work done, I have moved on to using qualitative methods. In particular, I am carrying out ethnographic interviews and having students reenact well known proverbs, so that I can better understand their performative meaning and significance. Erik Aasland Ph.D. Candidate at Fuller Graduate School of Intercultural Studies
by E. Aasland
Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Home
|Career Center
|Open Forums
|Online Store
|Renew
|Member Search
|Donate
|FAQ

American Folklore Society
Mershon Center, The Ohio State University, 1501 Neil Avenue, Columbus OH 43201-2602 USA
614/292-4715; fax: 614/292-2199; www.afsnet.org

Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership.com®  ::  Legal/Privacy