Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Your Cart   |   Sign In   |   Join AFS
I'd Still Be Puerto Rican Even if Born on the Moon
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

6/14/2012 at 2:48:33 PM GMT
I'd Still Be Puerto Rican Even if Born on the Moon

I'd Still be Puerto Rican Even if Born on the Moon, Puerto Rican Migration through the Arts exhibition, June 2012

I'd Still be Puerto Rican Even if Born on the Moon
(Yo sería borincano, aunque naciera en la luna*)

Puerto Rican Migration through the Arts

This new exhibit, curated by City Lore’s own Elena Martínez tells the story of the Puerto Rican diaspora to New York City during the 20th century and into the 21st through the lens of expressive culture. Nuyoricans may celebrate Three Kings’ Day differently and wear vejigante masks for the Puerto Rican Parade instead of Carnival, but they are still Puerto Rican—and would be—"even if born on the moon." This exhibit features the work of both traditional and contemporary Puerto Rican artists, many of whom are long-time City Lore collaborators. Opening with a reception on June 21st.

When: Thursday, June 21st - Wednesday, July 25th
Opening Reception:
Thursday, June 21st, 6:30pm - 9:30pm
For more information:
Please visit this event listing on our calendar!

This program is supported by an award from the National Endowment for the Arts; by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council; and by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.

Home
|Career Center
|Open Forums
|Online Store
|Renew
|Member Search
|Donate
|FAQ

American Folklore Society
Mershon Center, The Ohio State University, 1501 Neil Avenue, Columbus OH 43201-2602 USA
614/292-4715; fax: 614/292-2199; www.afsnet.org

Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership.com®  ::  Legal/Privacy