|Other members-only online features:
- Access to full-text, searchable versions of current and recent issues of the Journal of American Folklore via Project MUSE.
- Online access to JSTOR’s folklore journals: fully searchable versions of back issues of the Journal of American Folklore, as well as three of the world's major English-language folklore journals—Folklore, the Journal of Folklore Research, and Western Folklore—for only $15/year (with access to more folklore journals to come!)
- A 50% discount on subscriptions to JSTOR's JPASS service, a program providing a year of full access to more than 1,500 journals in the humanities, social sciences, and sciences to individuals who don't have institutional access to JSTOR. AFS members can get JPASS for $99 a year.
- Access to insurance options and other services offered by AFS's partnership with artist service organization Fractured Atlas.
- A 20% discount on purchases from the Smithsonian Folkways Recordings catalog, using this code.
- Sign in to access your online discussion groups, if any, including the private group space of your AFS Sections.
- Sign in to post a resumé or CV, viewable only by other AFS members.
- Sign in to edit your Profile;
make yourself accessible to other members by keeping your contact
information up to date, and completing your Profile to include your
areas of interest, membership in organizations, education and
experience. Profiles may only be read by AFS members.
- Sign in to find records of your previous membership dues payments, donations, and other order history, including AFS Section dues and Annual Meeting registration fees.
See the full list of member services.